Here are some useful links to articles which demonstrate the effectiveness of MLD in certain conditions:
- Post Vaser liposuction
- Recent fractures
- Joint replacements (especially effective in reducing pain and swelling and increasing range of movement post knee replacement. Benefits may even be possible many months after surgery.
- Prevention of secondary lymphoedema following treatment for breast cancer and in the management of lymphoedema
- Large reduction in volume in leg lymphoedema
- During Pregnancy
- Pre conception, MLD is routinely offered at The Zita West Clinic in London to prepare the body for pregnancy
- Post cosmetic surgery
- MLD can be helpful in the management of Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Improvements in pain, stiffness, sleepiness and well-being and improvements in quality of life in fybromyalgia sufferers.
Lymphoedema- The Big Picture by Professor Neil Piler
Management of Cellulitis in Lymphoedema